Hell's Not So Bad

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

To My Friends and Family

There are terrors aplenty in this life. Pitfalls await out every step. Evil people hide behind false smiles. It seems, at times, that life is pointless and that we will all be brought down by the peril we face daily. But I find hope and strength. I find it in those close to me. A human being is truly a miracle. We are capable of almost anything. Individuals possess incalculable strength. As a close group, we are invincible. That is why we form families and friendships. We are most complete when we love and are loved my others. I know that my own life would have collapsed under the weight of living long ago if not for my friends and family. Today, as I turn 29, I think back on my life and everyone who has helped me become who I am. I love each of you. You have each helped shape my life. I can honestly say that I am happy with who I am and that you have each had a part in that. I thank you all.

4 Comments:

  • Hey -- you forgot to tell them what I was up to.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2005 11:21:00 AM  

  • That's really good. You should save this for when you win a World Fantasy Award, or Hugo, or Nebula or something. It could be part of your acceptance speech :).

    Happy birthday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2005 12:11:00 PM  

  • Well Anonymous, whom I assume to be Toby, today is my day. You get your feature back tomorrow. In the mean time, let's go play fetch out back.

    By Blogger Kaplin, at 4/05/2005 01:00:00 PM  

  • Maggie, that’s assuming they create a new version of those awards for most pretentious pile of crap writing.

    By Blogger Kaplin, at 4/05/2005 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home