Hell's Not So Bad

Monday, March 28, 2005

Bah!

Stupid. At times, when I think about all the lawsuits and crap going on, I think that if they all go the same way at once they might kill the advancement of technology. Anyway, I had a great weekend. My grandma's brother, uncle Calvin, was in town for the funeral of their brother. That part was sad, but Saturday we had a big get together with lots of good food. It was nice to visit with some people that live so far away I've only meet them twice in my life. Then when we left we took my cousin with us. She's about 12 and wanted to use our Dance Dance Revolution game at our house and that was fun. But we had only done about 3 songs when my Friend Harold called. Harold was sick. He needed to go to the store to get a thermometer and some medicine but he was too light headed to drive. When he called, Heather answered the phone and she didn't recognize him. She's known him for 15 years and she couldn't recognize his voice. I've know him for 17, so of course I went over and brought him a thermometer and some Jello. I took him to the store and got him set up with some fluids to get rehydrated (his temp was 101)and some NyQuil and a digital thermometer and got him home. I called to check on him twice yesterday. I have to admit that this made me feel pretty good to be needed. He's the kind of guy that drops everything to come help. He drove me all over the valley, one night, to get extra keys when I locked them in my car. I drive cross town to bring him a tire iron when he gets a flat at 11pm. That's just how we are. And now the week. Toby status: He's watching the morning joggers and walkers going past the window. Going to try with a little help from my friends

3 Comments:

  • "Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key."

    Is Harold okay now? Come to think of it, I've known Harold for 15yrs, Heather for 14yrs and you I've known for 18yrs. Wow!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2005 12:21:00 PM  

  • You brought Harold Jell-O? You are a good friend.

    Wait, it wasn't green, was it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2005 04:31:00 PM  

  • I think I may start calling you Big Brother...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/28/2005 05:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home