Hell's Not So Bad

Friday, March 25, 2005

Shades of Dying

I've been thinking about the whole Terri Schiavo thing. It's a pretty hot issue, right now. I'm not going to argue for the tube to be left out or replaced. That's between her husband and her doctors and that's all it should be between. I was thinking about her parents and how they seem, to me, to be having a hard time letting go. To me she seems like she's already gone but they just won't let themselves accept that. So I started thinking about my own living will and what I would want my friends and family to do when I die. I think I'd rather be cremated and my ashes scattered off the pier in Southport England. More importantly, I want my friends to celebrate their own lives. I want them to celebrate the times we had together, good and bad, and reflect on how it all makes us who we are. I want them to play my favorite music and all hoist a Mt Dew and then party like rock stars. Life is only life when you live it. When you get caught up in life ending, your own or someone else's, you're not living. And then what's the point? I want to hang on to all my loved ones but I'm not the Creator and I can only do what I can. For the rest? Accept, adapt and move on. Toby status: Right now he's pawing at my leg to get up on my desk. I think he wants to see what I'm saying about him. You're on the road But you've got no destination

2 Comments:

  • Life is only life when you live it. When you get caught up in life ending, your own or someone else's, you're not living.

    I've been thinking about this concept a lot the last few days. Sometimes it's a hard balance to find, but it's important.

    I remember having some times when I've just been grateful to feel, whether it's hurting or not, because it means I'm still living.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/25/2005 09:10:00 AM  

  • Actually, I was checking out the pizza residue left on your shirt.

    But while we're at it, what are you saying about me?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/25/2005 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home