Hell's Not So Bad

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not sure how I missed this one

I got a few things on my Amazon wish list for Christmas this year. A lot of books, some movies and a couple of games. I played Call of Duty 2 all the way through on Easy and I'm just starting back through on Regular (as is my custom with games, to beat every level). I was a huge fan of the first Call of Duty. I loved the progression through the various missions and the gameplay. The graphics were great and the whole thing felt very solid. The expansions was good, too. But the sequel is just more of the same. It doesn't advance the genre at all and I've heard the support for the online gaming experience has been awful. Too bad. The other game I got was Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. I know it's an older game (2004 actually) but I never picked it up and since I had heard good things about it I left it on my wish list. I started playing it last night (in total darkness for effect) and I really like this game. It's a combination of classic first person shooter and stealth in a very unique way. The story is helped by the fact that Vin Diesel voiced Riddick. That's what I'm doing post-Christmas. What about you? Beagle Status: Fully fed. With tummies full of kibble, it's time for a nap.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home