Hell's Not So Bad

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thanx Givin'

And now we're less than a week away. Yippee! Seriously, Thanksgiving is my no-contest, hands-down, all-time favorite holiday. First off, there's delicious turkey. Mmmmmmm.....turkey. *gurgle* Ah, where was I? Oh yeah. Great food. But this isn't all. It's a gathering of friends and family, but minus all the hassle that goes with Christmas. I'm going to try really hard to really enjoy Christmas this year. (Normally I'm a bit of a humbug) But I still draw the line at Thanksgiving. At my house, it is FORBIDDEN to play Christmas music until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Go shopping, play your carols, start decorating. Whatever. Go nuts. But not until AFTER Thanksgiving. So, in preparation for Turkey Day, here's a list of just some of the things I'm extra grateful for this year: My wife. I try to tell her often that she's wonderful. I really mean it in a not too cliche way, too. She gives my life meaning and direction. I love you, H. My family. This is not restricted to those who happen to be related by blood. Family is more than that. This includes GreatWolf, Jumpboot, Psycho and Tracy. Good friends. Hard to find and harder sometimes hard to hang on to, but worth your time. My beagles. I love my dogs. They love me unconditionally. Plus they're damn cute. School. It's starting to wear on me but it's taught me more about life and about myself than I expected. Plus, I like getting A's. I have some more things, maybe I'll post in a day or two. In the mean time, what are some things you guys are glad you have in your lives?

7 Comments:

  • The internet, evidently.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2005 08:02:00 AM  

  • I agree with what you said, cept I don't have any dogs...yet. ;) I'm also very thankful to have my house, I love it.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    By Blogger Tracy, at 11/18/2005 09:25:00 AM  

  • The kids make you feel young?! I'm thankfull for the kids too, but they're the only things that make me feel old.
    Hobbs, I too am thankfull for most of the same things. I am however substituting Beagles for My kids and they are the top of my list.

    By Blogger Psycho, at 11/18/2005 11:45:00 AM  

  • I am also thankful for turkey sandwiches and real mayo, none of that low-fat crap.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/21/2005 12:27:00 PM  

  • Amen to that. The fat is what makes it super yummy.

    By Blogger Kaplin, at 11/21/2005 01:02:00 PM  

  • Thanksgiving is the reason elastic waistbands were created.
    Bring on the Pie!

    By Blogger Psycho, at 11/21/2005 10:36:00 PM  

  • Exactly -- where would we be without the fat???

    I am baking lots of bread today to go with my turkey sandwiches and real mayo.

    I am considering skipping the dinner itself and just eating sandwiches this year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home