Hell's Not So Bad

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

World on Fire

Every once in awhile I stop and think about something other than myself. ( Crazy, I know!) I was making fun of my brother-in-law because is office here in SLC is having to take up a lot of the slack from the home office on Mobile, Alabama. I find it really interesting to stop and study the way everything seems to be connected in the world. You may think that a storm in the South won't affect you, but it can in a lot of ways. Gas prices, for example. But it seems to me that there's more to it. I'm amazed at how the Internet and other technology has helped people come together. I play Battlefield 2 online and I had no idea that some of the regulars I play with live in New Orleans. They've been absent from the maps, of late. Maggie was mentioning blogs of people who have had to bug out. Despite how far away things like this may seem, it's still personal for most of us. All the more reason for us to be good to people, disasters abounding or not.

5 Comments:

  • Talk about your SPAMburger hamburger over here. Cripes!

    By Blogger Al Jordan, at 8/30/2005 11:41:00 AM  

  • Christ! Have some SPAM with your blog.

    By Blogger Psycho, at 8/30/2005 11:57:00 AM  

  • Unbelievable! I really didn't want to turn on the spam filter, because it's annoying for real people, but after that onslaught....it's on!

    By Blogger Kaplin, at 8/30/2005 02:13:00 PM  

  • You've been spammed again?

    (Sigh)

    It's amazing how the world is getting smaller and smaller all the time.

    I just learned from a guest poster on one of my friend's blog that she is home (in New Orleans) and that her home wasn't damaged too badly and that she's looking for a land line so she can post herself.

    Technology is an amazing thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2005 04:53:00 PM  

  • All your spam bitching aside…. I wanted to tell you that I like your message Hobbes. Thousands of the people who have lost everything in New Orleans are making their way over here and it’s breaking my heart. I talked to a father of five yesterday at the grocery store that is living with 80 other people in a volunteer fire department firehouse. Keep thinking of others my friends.

    By Blogger Baron Samedi, at 8/31/2005 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home