Hell's Not So Bad

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Road trip!

Well, after my whirlwind tour of Nevada, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, I'm back. Nevada was two weeks ago but this last week was a road trip with Harold. For those of you who don't know him, Harold is among my oldest friends, but since almost all my friends have been around since our freshman year of high school, maybe that's not a good description. Harold I've know since 7th grade. We used to hang out at his house playing video games when we should have been at school. We still love playing video games. He's more of a console gamer, though. I mean, he has just about every damn console out there. Anyway, he and I love road trips and he had vacation time to burn and I wanted to do something irresponsible before I started this next semester of school. I'm taking harder classes and more of them so I needed to get some goof-off energy out. We left SLC Tuesday. Harold came to pick me up at about 10 and we loaded up and took off to stop by the bank, Audio Outfitters (to pick up a new iTrip for my iPod since I lost my old one) and Media Play to get a DC to AC power inverter. They didn't have one but I had one in my van so we stopped back at my house to get power inverter, drink mugs, a car jack (just in case) and my US road atlas. After getting gas and lunch, we FINALLY left Salt Lake around 11:30 and headed north. We made Boise in good time and meet up with my little sister and her husband and went out for dinner. Then we got a hold of my friend Josh and headed over to his place. I've known Josh for about 10 years or so. He's one of those people who, as soon as I met him, I became fast friends with him. Even know when we don't see each other for months or even years at a time, as soon as we do it's like no time has passed. Anyway, after Boise we headed up to Walla Walla Washington to see family that Harold has up there. We spent a night in Dayton and a night in Walla Walla. After some marker fights with Herald's cousins and some breakfast we headed west. We made it as far as Hood River before we decided to turn south and skirt Mt Hood. We had dinner in Madras and then made for Boise. We made it in about 3:30 am and crashed at Joshes again. We spent one more night in Boise at my little sisters place and headed to see friends in Pocatello. When we got there we talked to Maggie for hours and hours and when we left we decided that since it was already 1 am and we had nowhere to go we just came on home. We rolled in at 3:45 am. And then I slept and slept. And then I slept some more.

1 Comments:

  • All dis vacaton and you never see old Papa Bones?? You need be comm’in down ta see me wit da jump’in boot!! I be need’in da fresh meat!!

    By Blogger Baron Samedi, at 8/25/2005 03:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home