Hell's Not So Bad

Monday, August 15, 2005

Home again...Leaving tomorrow

Well, the long delay since the last post was due to finals. Then it was due to getting read for a camping trip. Then it was due to being on the camping trip. Since I've not touched a PC for days and days, I feel like I've forgotten how to type. We were camping at Wheeler Peak in Nevada. It's a beautiful campground at about 9,800ft or so. It's an amazing place to find in the middle of the Nevada desert. We were hailed on the first day, about 5 minutes after the tents were set up. The next day we hiked the peak which is 13,063ft. Wow, what a view. This is actually the 3rd time I'd been to Wheeler, but I've never made the summit before due to weather. There's a pretty big lightning danger and you can't see the storms coming in behind the mountain until you get up in the ridge and above the tree line. And these storms will come out of no where. We had one hit just behind us on the way down that there was no sign of when we were at the peak. All in all it was a great hike. We got back last night and today will be spent unpacking and doing laundry so I can pack again to leave tomorrow morning. Harold and I are road tripping to Seattle with a stop in Boise to see my lil sis. I have a lot of photos to post and I'll have more next Monday when I get back. Stay tuned. Toby update: We took him with us to Wheeler and he loved being out in the "wild". He's pretty tired though, he actually slept in until 8:30 this morning. A new record. Take my eyes take my heart I need them no more If never again they fall upon the one I so adore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home