Hell's Not So Bad

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

All's Well

I didn't post yesterday because I was playing the part of a worried parent. Toby had his operation yesterday to remove the tumor on his lip. When we got him home he was still a bit sleepy from the anesthetic. Between that and the pain pills he's very sleepy. Poor little guy. So, now that I have my new USB headset, I should tell you all about Skype. Skype is a VOIP (Voice Over IP) app that lets you talk to other Skype users anywhere for free. You can call out or into the Skype network for a fee, but Skype to Skype calls are free, regardless of distance. So I can call my friends in Pocatello and talk with them for as long as I want and I'll get no bill. Which is good because last month I talked to them for over an hour on the phone and forgot about it until the long distance bill came. My little sister lives in Boise, so I can call them for free, also. They just have to set it up (hint, hint). I was able to watch a movie my little brother loaned me, it's an anime called Appleseed. No, it's not about a young man traveling the frontier of early America planting trees. It's set in the future and they use that cell shading animation technique. You may have seen this on the Spider Man series that ran on MTV not long after the first Spider Man movie came out. It's a very cool look. Anyway, I was very surprised with this film and I recommend checking it out. Besides, the case the DVD comes in is cool. there is no shelter here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home