Hell's Not So Bad

Monday, July 18, 2005

Lucy...I'm home

We got back just after 12 yesterday afternoon. It was only a three hour drive (versus a three hour tour) to get to where the family reunion was being held. We passed a little town called Sulpherton. Sounds fresh and clean, doesn't it? Toby rode down in his new little seatbelt harness. He got his own seat and was able to look out the window whenever he wanted, so he seemed to enjoy the ride. Actually, he slept most of the way down and back. Eric (my brother-in-law) and I ended up taking our computers down and we played some Rise of Nations in the hotel. I also played his copy of Sid Mier's Pirates. If you've never seen it, you're a pirate in the Caribbean, circa 1660. I watched him play it a little bit and thought it was stupid. Then I tried it out and realized that the gameplay is very simple and extremely addicting. It's a lot of fun. You should pick up a copy. Looking at Feded.com, it seems my USB headset I ordered last week are on a truck in my area already. That's pretty good, considering I shipped it standard 7-10 day and that was Wednesday. Toby update: He's kind of like me in that he doesn't sleep well (if at all) when away from home. He was napping when I left the house. I think he really likes the seatbelt harness we got him. He doesn't get carsick or upset and he's still restrained. It's hard to drive when you have a beagle trying to sit on your lap. Drove downtown in the rain nine-thirty on a Tuesday night, just to check out the late-night record shop.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home