Hell's Not So Bad

Monday, July 11, 2005

Form of.....A Blog Entry

So I had to take Toby in to the vet today. We've noticed a growth on his lip that has started bleeding. Turns out it's the same thing he had on his paw about 18 months ago. It's just a benign tumor, but the location on his lip means it could scar if he tears it, which is likely. Normally, they go away by themselves. I think we'll have this one removed, just because of where it is. Also, there is a >10% chance that is a malignant tumor. If we remove it, it's gone either way. So, my English class project is a group project in which we create a campaign. We're working on a campaign to ban smoking in bars and clubs. I'll tell you my feelings on it after you answer this survey. 1) Do you ever go out to bars or clubs? How often? Once or more a week. Once or more a month. A few times a year. 2) Do you work in a club or bar where smoking is allowed? 3) Do you smoke? 4) Do you feel smoking should be banned in bars? Why or why not? 5) Are you Male or Female? 6) How old are you? If you could post your result as a survey, I'd be much obliged. I didn't want to hurt you but your pretty when you cry

7 Comments:

  • 1) yes i go to clubs. usually just a few times a year.
    2) no
    3) yes
    4) no. i think it should be up to the owners wether or not they allow smoking.
    5)male
    6)29
    i don't think a private club should be forced into banning smoking. if an individual doesn't like the smoke they can choose a club that doesn't allow it. in other words - go somewhere else.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2005 09:57:00 AM  

  • 1) Do you ever go out to bars or clubs?
    -Yes
    How often? Once or more a week. Once or more a month. A few times a year.
    -Several times a year

    2) Do you work in a club or bar where smoking is allowed?
    -No

    3) Do you smoke?
    Not since 2003

    4) Do you feel smoking should be banned in bars?
    -Yes
    Why or why not?
    -For the health of employees and non smokers, but I do think designated areas that are well ventilated would suffice.

    5) Are you Male or Female?
    -Negative, I am a meat popcicle

    6) How old are you?
    Very old for an Apple, even more so for a head of lettice. As a mountain I have not yet begin to live, As a man I'm 29

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2005 11:50:00 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Al Jordan, at 7/13/2005 06:31:00 AM  

  • 1) Yes
    How often? Once or twice a year.

    2) No.

    3) No.

    4) No.
    Why or why not? It's part of the atmosphere. Drinking and smoking often go hand in hand.

    5) Male.

    6) 29.

    By Blogger Al Jordan, at 7/13/2005 06:33:00 AM  

  • 1) Yes, I go to clubs. Frequency of my visits has gone down as I have got older.
    2) No. Thank god.
    3) No
    4) Yes. I am all for people killing themselves slowly with tabacco if they want to. I just don't want them killing others in the process. Regardless of what people say, it has been proven that 2nd hand smoke has negative effects on people's health. Also ventilation systems only go so far. For them to work the smoke actually has to reach the ventilation system. More often than not it reaches the noses of non-smokers, and goes right into their lungs before it ever gets to the ventilation system way up in the ceiling.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2005 09:52:00 AM  

  • 5) Male
    6) 26

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2005 09:53:00 AM  

  • Hey,

    I'm sorta behind on my blog reading. If it's too late and not helpful now, sorry, but I'll post anyway. Okay then?

    1) Once every few years.
    2) No.
    3) No.
    4) No. I think that in general if someone is going to a bar/club where people are being loud and obnoxious and head bang to Mariah Carey the customers are expecting a particular atmosphere, and the freedom to smoke is a part of that. (Or is that just in Pocatello?)
    5) I have to pick one? Ok, female.
    6) 29.

    6) How old are you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/16/2005 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home