Hell's Not So Bad

Monday, January 24, 2005

Typers cramp

I'm working on a few essays for school. Yay. I have to learn the art of writing the 'summary/strong responce essay'. That's not as technical as it sounds. It's just English 1010. But using the long names for everything makes me feel a bit like Douglas Adams. And it makes me feel like I just might know what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway, between the 3 essays and the 200 lines of code I've written between my C++ and Java classes, my fingers are all cramped up. I find that funny, considering all the training I give them on IM. I find that I can type pages before I get tired fingers, but I can only write a about a paragraph by hand before I get tired hands. You'd think all the hours playing Final Fantasy, Rogue Squadron and such would have left a little muscle there. Alas, no. I'm starting a new reading list. Things to get through in between semesters or when I find myself with little or no homework. I have to start taking suggestions because otherwise I'll jsut reread things I already have. Not that rereading is bad. I love to revisit old and cherished books. They can be like coming back home after a long trip. But I really want to branch out more. Read something beyond the same group of authors. I have to confess that I am reading the Wheel of Time series again. I have to. The new book should be out late spring and I want to be able to remember what the hell is going on. That's one series where you need a notebook to keep track of everyone. Almost like that Russian novel, embracing more than 400 characters, taking place during the Napoleonic Wars. On a side note, I really wish I lived in New York or London. Someplace where you could walk a lot. I love city centers that promote pedestrian traffic. I'm an urban soul and the idea of walking to work really appeals to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home